University Of Florida Tuition, Admission Requirements And Acceptance Rate 2023
The University of Florida (UF) is a public land-grant research university which is located in Gainesville, Florida. The university is a senior member of the State University System of Florida, has its origins traced to the year 1853 (169 years ago), and has operated ever since on its Gainesville campus since September 1906.
However, the university had its former name to be the University of the State of Florida from the year 1905 to 1909.
For the year 2023, United States News and World rank report placed Florida as the 5th (tied) best public university and 28th (tied) best university in the United States. The University of Florida is the only member of the Association of American Universities in Florida and is classified among the very high research activity Doctoral Universities which is R1.
The University of Florida got its license from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Having the third-largest student population in Florida University, and it’s the fifth-largest single-campus university in the US having about 57,841 students registered in the 2020-2021 school session. The University is a residence of 16 academic colleges and has more than 150 research-based centres and institutes.
It offers several graduate programs which include business administration, engineering, law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy and veterinary medicine in one contiguous and offers 123 master’s degree programs and 76 doctoral-degree programs in 87 schools and departments.
University of Florida Tuition
The 2021 tuition costs for the University of Florida (UF) is; $6,381 for Local Florida residents and $28,659 for Domestic and Out-of-state students.
The 2021 graduate school tuition cost are $12,737 for local Florida residents and $30,130 for international students & others.
Up to 85 Percent of registered undergraduate students have been able to access financial aid such as grants and scholarship funds with the average grant amount to $10,500. Prior to accessing and receiving of the financial aid, $10,931 is the net cost for Florida residents and $33,209 for international students which cover tuition, fees, books, supplies costs, and living costs.
The University of Florida’s tuition and fees are quite lower than the average cost of similar institutions tuition of $32,257 in R1: Public Research University (very high research activity) based on international rate. The tuition and fees have not been adjusted upwards (increased) since the year 2015 in Florida.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance at the University of Florida may vary due to various reasons like; Personal spending, Accommodation preference, mode of entry (Undergraduate or Graduate and Doctorate) and many more based on individuals’ likes.
However, the cost of attendance based on ranges has been tabulated below for your easy understanding.
2023-2023 Academic Year Undergraduate Cost of Attendance
|In-state Undergrad On Campus||In-state Undergrad Off Campus||In-state Undergrad Living with Parents||In-state Undergrad Summer 23 (A+B) On Campus|
|Books and Supplies||$810||$810||$810||$320|
|Computer / Phone||$1,240||$1,240||$1,240||$1,240|
*Tuition/Fees are estimates for incoming freshmen.
Note: The cost above comprises of estimates and may vary with time and based on persons
2021-2023 Academic Year Graduate Estimated Cost of Attendance
|In-state Graduate On Campus||In-state Graduate Off Campus||In-state Graduate Living with Parents||In-state Graduate Summer 22 (A+B) Off Campus|
|Books and Supplies||$810||$810||$810||$320|
|Computer / Phone||$1,220||$1,220||$1,220||$350|
*Tuition/Fees are estimates for incoming freshmen.
Note: The cost above comprises of estimates and may vary with time and based on persons.
Tuition for resuming students may be lower. International graduate students should add $17,394 to the estimated tuition/fees.
University of Florida Online Cost
The University of Florida launched the UF Online program in the spring of 2014 which allows students to pursue their undergraduate degrees without having to come to campus ever. Online students are also considered in the eligibility for the federal, state and institutional aid, including the Bright Futures scholarship aid for Local residents.
Students Financial Aid has prepared a UF Online Cost of Attendance, which shows the lower cost of tuition & fees for University of Florida online students vs the normal on-campus students.
2023-2023 UF Online Cost of Attendance
|In-state UF ONLINE
|In-state UF ONLINE UNDERGRAD
LIVING WITH PARENTS
|*Tuition / Fees||$3,876||$3,876|
|Books and Supplies||$810||$810|
The costs above reflect estimated expenses. Your costs may vary.
* International undergraduates should add $12,704 to *tuition/fees
University of Florida Online students don’t pay some fees like the Activity and Services Fee, the Health Services Fee, the University Athletics Fee, or the Transportation Fee as part of their primary cost of attendance.
Online students who wish to make use of all campus services and activities have the freedom to purchase the UF Online Optional Fee Package. Your financial aid amount will not be added up to take care of these optional costs though you can use financial aid to pay for such expenses and purchases.
Involvement in the package includes your license to use your Title IV financial aid disbursements to pay for this package.
University of Florida Admission Requirements
Like other universities, the University of Florida also has requirements and criteria you must have in order to have an admission offer into the university. Below are the minimum requirement needed note that admission to UF is competitive, and most students to be admitted eventually exceed these requirements.
These are the minimum requirements accepted for applying to the University of Florida are noted below.
Graduation from a location authorized or state-authorized secondary school or its equivalent (G.E.D., etc.)
- Academic Credits
Sixteen academic units, apportioned as follows:
- 4 Years of English (with essential writing)
- 4 Years of Mathematics (including Algebra-1, Formal Geometry and Algebra-2)
- 3 Years of Natural Sciences (two units must reckon a lab)
- 3 Years of Social Sciences
- 2 Years of an external language (must be successive)
- Grade Point Average
A cumulative grade of C point average in academic cores, as calculated by the university in all institutions attended including high school and college.
Students registered on dual-enrollment courses must hand over a minimum 2.0 GPA at every institution attended.
- SAT or ACT
All SAT or ACT scores must be submitted. Scores can be sent directly from the examination authority or self-reported through the application status page. If your test scores are not received by the deadline which is 15th December, your application will be moved to the space accessible application pool.
- Students Earning an AA Degree/60 College Credits
Students who wish to obtain their high school diploma and an Associate of Arts degree / 60 college credits at the same time should select a particular major and UF college when completing their Freshman Application.
- Home-Schooled or Non-Accredited Students
Home schooled students are reasoned for admission using the same holistic assessment cognitive process applied to other first-year applicants.
International Students Requirements
International applicants have the same application process as freshmen. All first-year applicants have equal, homogeneous holistic admission reassessment regardless of their secondary curriculum origin or citizenship.
- At least 3-years of your recent secondary school transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted electronically.
- Applicants whose educational records have no curriculum bench-marked after the United states system are advised to submit their academic transcripts to a certificate evaluation administrative body for a course-by-course assessment with a GPA.
Regardless of citizenship, all applicants must show English proficiency examination results, such as TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test are required for non-major English speakers. SAT or ACT results are requisite for all first-year applicants.
University of Florida Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at the University of Florida is 38% which means for every 100 applicants, 39 are admitted.
This automatically shows the very selective nature of UF. So, if you want to get admitted, the first thing to check is the acceptance rate which tells you how competitive the school is and how rigid its demands are.
The University of Florida is quite selective. Therefore, high academic scores are important to improve your chance and possibility of admission.
SAT score of 1440 or a 32 ACT score or above will give you a great chance of getting enrolled. Rounding up your application goes a long way to help.
- Best Business Schools In America
- 11 Best Bible Colleges In USA
- Top 10 Best Universities In USA
- Best Computer Science Schools – Top CS Schools In America
- Wyoming Catholic College Acceptance Rate, Tuition And Admission Requirements
- Top 10 Best Universities In Canada
- Best Executive MBA Programs In USA
- Top 10 Online RN To BSN Programs
- Top 10 Real Estate Schools Online
- 10 Universities Offering Master’s Degree Online
- Naval Postgraduate School Acceptance Rate, Tuition And Admission Requirements
- Galen College Of Nursing – Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements, Tuition, Application Process And Reviews
- Denver College Of Nursing – Acceptance Rate, Application Requirements, Tuition, Student Portal And Reviews
- Chamberlain College Of Nursing – Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements, Tuition, Student Portal And Reviews
- Northeastern University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- USC Tuition, Programs, Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Villanova University Ranking, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- NYU Tuition, Programs, Acceptance Rate, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Stevens University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses Catalogue, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Top 10 Distance Learning Courses For Online Study
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate, Tuition And Ranking
- MIT Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses Catalogue, Admission Requirements And Application Portal
- Penn State Tuition: Penn State University Undergraduate Tuition And Fees