How To Open Wema Bank Account Online And Get Your Account Number Instantly
Do you want to open an account with Wema Bank? This article reveals a step by step guide on how to open Wema Bank account online within 5 minutes. Read on!
Wema Bank Plc., is a Nigerian commercial bank which is licensed and recognized by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Wema Bank is known to operate the largest digital banking system in Nigeria since 2019.
Their official Mobile App which is “ALAT” By Wema, is fully in use all over Nigeria. Wema Bank is one of the fastest growing and reliable commercial bank in Nigeria. The bank operates a network of over 149 branches and service stations with a strong ICT platform across the country.
With Wema Bank Mobile App (ALAT), you have full control over your bank account 24/7 from anywhere. There are several features you can enjoy using the bank app. One of it is that you can also use it to open an account with Wema Bank.
The bank has different types of accounts to suit your standard, and you can always upgrade it to increase your transaction limit at any given time.
People got to know about Wema Bank all over Africa and the world in 2021, when the popular artist with the stage name “Davido” celebrated his birthday and got over N200 Million fund raised in less 24 hours using his Wema account.
Requirements For Opening Wema Bank Account
The requirements for opening Wema Bank account are listed below;
- At least one passport photograph
- A Valid means of identification either National ID, Voter’s card etc.
- A Smartphone (Android/iPhone) that supports the latest version of Wema Bank App (Optional)
- An active phone number
- A valid email address
Here’s How To Open Wema Bank Account Online
Follow the steps below to open Wema Bank account online:
Step 1: Download the Wema Bank Official Mobile App “ALAT” from your respective App Store
Step 2: Open the App and click on “Start” on the homepage
Step 3: Ensure to read and accept the terms and conditions
Step 4: Input your mobile number, email address and password
Step 5: Confirm your email address by inputting the OTP sent to you
Step 6: Fill the KYC form correctly and input your BVN
Step 7: Take a clear selfie photograph of yourself
Step 8: Fill the contact address form correctly and proceed
Step 9: Create your four digit password
Step 10: You’ll be required to verify your identity by uploading a suitable means of identification
Step 11: You can upgrade your account whenever you seem fit by answering few questions and uploading few documents
Step 12: Your account is now created successfully, you can now bank on the go
Code To Open Wema Bank Account On Phone
Follow the steps below to open Wema Bank account with USSD code:
- Dial *945*1# on the mobile number you want to use in opening the account
- Choose “open account” and fill the KYC form correctly
- Review your information and submit
- Upon successful submission, your account will be created shortly and you’ll receive a congratulatory message
Wema Bank is one of the best digital commercial banks in Nigeria. It is among the first few banks that started online account opening. Download the Wema Bank ALAT and start banking on the go.
Was this information useful to you? Feel free to share it with your friends on social media by clicking on any of the share buttons below this post.
Also read other articles recommended for you below.
- Wema Bank Mobile App: How To Register, Activate, Login & Transfer Money On Wema Mobile Banking App
- Wema Internet Banking: How To Register, Activate And Login On Wema Bank Online Banking
- How To Open Kuda Bank Account Online And Get Your Account Number Instantly
- How To Open Access Bank Account Online (Complete Guide)
- How To Open Keystone Bank Account Online
- How To Open Heritage Bank Account Online (With Or Without BVN)
- How To Open Stanbic IBTC Account Online And With Code (With or Without BVN)
- How To Open Zenith Bank Account Online (With Or Without BVN)
- How To Open UBA Account Online (With Or Without BVN)
- How To Open Polaris Bank Account Online (With Or Without BVN)
- How To Open FCMB Account Online And Via Code (With Or Without BVN)
- How To Open First Bank Account Online (With And Without BVN)
- How To Open GTBank Account Online And With Code On Phone