Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (Fully Funded): Requirements And How To Apply In 2023
In this post, we’ll be talking about the fully-funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for international students to study in EU, as well as the requirements and how to apply.
An international consortium of higher education is behind the delivery of the well-integrated, prestigious international study programme, the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. The European Reunion through the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship seeks the enhancement of quality higher education and academic cooperation between the rest of the world and the European Union.
Also Read: 10 BEST FREE ONLINE CLASSES FOR ADULTS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW EXIST
Are you a student from any of the third-world countries who would like to have your masters in an EU member country courtesy of a scholarship opportunity? Then the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a good option for you.
The program enhances the attractiveness and visibility of European higher education in third-world nations while also giving opportunity for awardees to get a top-quality Masters’ Study programme.
See Also: CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP UK FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY
About The Scholarship Scheme
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is an all-expense paid, fully funded scholarship scheme which was started in 2004.
The covers include insurance, tuition, a monthly living allowance, installation and travel cost and so on.
Statistics show that only 5.2% of those who applied for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship gets to earn it, revealing how competitive it is. The more the popularity, the greater the competitiveness.
A programme or Partner country scholarship holder whose location is situated less than 4000km to the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree (EMJMD) coordination Higher Education Institution (HEI) gets €4,500 participation cost, €2000 travel cost and €1,000 installation cost.
For holders resident in partner country situated at a location 4,000km upward from their EMJMD coordinating HEI, they get €9500 as participation cost, €3000 for travel cost and €1000 for installation cost. Monthly subsistence contribution for both is €1000. Another benefit for the holder is that a work Visa will be granted to them once they are done with their masters or PhD programme so that they can live in their choice countries when they are done with their studies.
See Also: HISPANIC SCHOLARSHIP FUND USA: REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDE
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programme, Who Can Apply?
To qualify as an applicant for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria.
For category A;
- You must be a National that is coming from a third world country.
- You must already have obtained a first Higher Education Degree.
- You must not have applied to 3 Erasmus Mundus Masters.
- You have not done such as work, private visits, tourism, and study, in any of European Reunion member States for Norway, Lichtenstein, or Island for more than total of 12 months in the last 5 years.
- You must not be a resident of any Member state of the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein.
- Applicants must have competed 16 years of educational and must have 6.5 in IELTS or other optional language tests.
- Work experience is not needed, and there is no age restriction. Those with average grades can also take their chances as low CGPA is not a barrier sometimes.
- For Category B, you can be a European Student, or a non-European student who does not meet up with the qualifications for category A.
See Also: BRIGHTER FUTURE SCHOLARSHIP USA: REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDE
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship: How To Apply
If after having gone through the requirements, you are qualified to apply or have anyone who does, you can apply online on the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Website.
To get started, visit https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/library/emjmd-catalogue_en
The Application time for each programme varies, and the deadlines aren’t the same, however, applications can be submitted between the months of December and January.