Arkwright Scholarship UK: Requirements And How To Apply In 2023
Arkwright Scholarship in the UK is quite a popular name. It is one of the best scholarship opportunities available for students to fund their academic needs.
The scholarship if gotten is one of the best ways to get academic needs and goals funded effectively. It takes away the burden of personally financing ones education in the academic area concerned. Therefore, competition for scholarship opportunities are always competitive, which is not a surprise anyway.
Are you a student interested in a scholarship opportunity available in the UK? You may want to consider Arkwright Scholarship, and here you will get all you need to know about the programme.
See this: 10 BEST FREE ONLINE CLASSES FOR ADULTS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW EXIST
About Arkwright Scholarship
Considered the most prestigious scholarship programme in the UK, The Arkwright Engineering Scholarship was founded in 1991 by Arkwright Scholarship Trust, a non-profit organisation with a focus on engineering and technical design.
The scholarship is a programme of The Small Piece Trust, an independent charity organisation that seeks the promotion of engineering careers for those between ages of 10 to 18 years through STEMs (Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics) and residential courses Scholarships.
Other companies such as Bae Systems, Rolls-Royce, and Imperial College London are among the sponsors of the Arkwright Engineering Scholarship.
Also Read: HISPANIC SCHOLARSHIP FUND USA: REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDE
From the day it was founded till date, Arkwright Engineering Scholarship has awarded over 6000 scholarships. The programme clocked 30 in 2021. It awards 400 scholarships every year across 4 ceremonies, 1 in Edinburgh and 3 in London.
The Financial help of the scholarship scheme is received by both the student and his/her school. The student gets £600 to fund materials for completing, completing technical projects, curriculum projects, or to buy books, fund summer schools, technical courses attendance, and so on. The school receives £400 to spend on STEM-enhancing teacher training, equipment and materials.
See Also: ERASMUS MUNDUS SCHOLARSHIP (FULLY FUNDED): REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY
Arkwright Scholarship Requirement And Eligibility
Arkwright Scholarship is not for lazybones, it is for the brightest and best among the rest. So who can apply for the scholarship? What are the criteria to be fulfilled? Here we have them.
- The candidate must have a strong desire for a future leading career in the engineering profession.
- You must be in the year that you will take your GSCE, BTEC level 2s, Scottish National 5s, International Baccalaureate Standards or equivalents.
- You must have the intention to stay at a 6th form college or school for 2 years to study A Levels, International Baccalaureate Standards, Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers, or BTEC level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma.
- You must make a commitment to study any Engineering Science, Math, Physics, or Computer Science, to Advanced higher in Scotland or A level in England, Northern Ireland or Wales) unless you are studying for a BTEC Level 3 in engineering.
- Your school must be in partnership with Arkwright Engineering Scholarship Programme. Your teacher can complete the Partnership form for you, and it is free.
Below is the link to get it.
How To Apply For The Arkwright Engineering Scholarship
After meeting all the requirements, the Application for the Arkwright Engineering Scholarship can be done online at the appropriate time on the academic calendar for your Location. S4 for Scotland, Year 11 for England and Wales, Year 12 for Northern Ireland.
To cover the rigorous selection process, a £40 administrative fee is payable by April for each student application. This payment may be made by the student’s school or parents.
See Also: CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP UK FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY
So here you have all you need to know about Arkwright Engineering Scholarship. Please hit share to let others know about this opportunity.