ABSA Swift Code: ABSA Bank South Africa Swift BIC Code For International Wire Transfers
Are you searching online for ABSA Swift Code? You’re at the right place. This article features all you need to know about ABSA Bank swift code for international transfers. Read on!
The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) code is normally required when you want to perform an international fund transfer and it is used to identify a particular bank account in the process of verifying international transactions.
The SWIFT Code can be found on your bank statement, it is a set of 8 or 11 digits. These digits represents your bank branch.
The SWIFT payment system enables you to transfer money very fast and secured to international bank accounts. Your international transfers can be tracked and you can even specify when you want your transfers to be carried out.
ABSA Bank Swift Code
SWIFT code: ABSAZAJJXXX
Swift code (8 characters): ABSAZAJJ
Branch name: ABSA BANK LIMITED
Branch address: ABSA TOWER WEST, FLOOR 7, 15 TROYE STREET
Branch code: XXX
Bank name: ABSA BANK LIMITED
Country: South Africa
ABSA Bank Limited Swift Code Details
A SWIFT Code is an 8-11 character code that comprises of numbers and letters, it identifies your country, city, bank, and branch.
- Bank code A-Z: this comprises of 4 letters which represents the bank.
- Country code A-Z: this comprises of 2 letters representing the country of the bank.
- Location code 0-9 A-Z: this comprises of 2 characters made up of letters and numbers. It tells where that bank’s head office is.
- Branch Code 0-9 A-Z: this comprises of 3 digits specifying a particular branch. ‘XXX’ represents the bank’s head office.
How Does ABSA Swift Code Work?
- You’ll be required to logon to Absa Online Banking and navigate to International funds transfer under the Payments tab.
- To receive funds via SWIFT, you’ll need to give the sender Absa’s SWIFT code which is ABSAZAJJ including your bank account details and the clearing code 632005.
- Register for Absa Online Banking to experience easy banking on the go
Benefits Of ABSA Swift Code
- It is a very safe form of payment
- You can specify the exact date for your transfer to take place.
- It’s fast and convenient
- It’s accessible online
What is Global Payments Innovation?
ABSA is a proud member of the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) Global Payments Innovation (GPI) which offers a transformed operation on international payment services to their customers.
- This allows full track and trace on international payments.
- If the bank of the beneficiary is also a member, you’ll be notified with a beneficiary credit confirmation.
- Participating banks worldwide
When making international transactions, ensure to confirm the SWIFT code of your receiver or bank.
If you think you inputted the wrong SWIFT code, you are advised to contact your bank immediately. The transaction may be cancelled. In a case whereby the transaction is too late to be cancelled, you will be required to contact the receiver yourself and request for refund of your money.
Was this information useful? Read similar posts recommended for you below.
- ABSA Cellphone Banking Code: How To Register, Activate And Transfer Money With ABSA USSD Code
- UBA Swift Code For International Wire Transfer
- GTBank Swift Code For International Wire Transfer
- First Bank Of Nigeria Swift Code For International Wire Transfer
- How To Check BVN Details Online
- ABSA Branch Code